How We Can Help
We provide free legal services for low income residents of Windsor and Essex County.
Contact us to get in touch with us for help.
We can help with your problems with:
- Employment law, like employment standards, employment insurance, and wrongful dismissal
- Housing law (tenants or co-op members only – not landlords), like evictions
- Immigration (not refugee claims), like sponsorships and permanent resident status
- Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP), like applying for ODSP or problems once you are getting it
- Ontario Works (OW), applications and problems once you are getting it
- Canada Pension Plan (CPP-Disability or regular CPP)
- Small Claims Court
We also give legal information presentations to community agencies and members of the public.
If we can’t help you, we will try to refer you to someone who can.
We can’t help you with . . .
Click on the links above for information on getting help from Legal Aid Ontario.
How We Help
We start with advice for your problem. Some people need more help than advice. Sometimes we will help you by preparing documents (for example, an application to the Landlord and Tenant Board).
And sometimes we can represent you in a court or at a tribunal, such as the Social Benefits Tribunal or the Landlord and Tenant Board.
We start with advice and then consider providing other services for you.